Where do I Obtain Native Plants?
These are some nurseries which sell South Florida native plants. They may be wholesale nurseries which will sell retail by appointment. Be sure call ahead for information. Some also sell non-native plants, so be an educated shopper if you are in search of natives.
- Alexander Landscaping & Plant Farm, Davie. 954-472-5039
- Casey’s Corner Nursery, Homestead. 305-248-7284.
- Citizens for a Better South Florida, Miami. 305-648-0000
- Florida NatureScape - Native Nursery & Landscape Design, Davie. 954-540-4061
- Jesse Durko's Nursery, Davie. 954-873-4563
- Native Tree Nursery, Goulds. 305-247-4499
- Plant Creations, Homestead. 305-248-8147
- Pro Native Consulting, sales at Silent Native Nursery. 786-488-3101
- Richard Lyons Nursery, Goulds. 305-251-6293
- Runway Growers, Ft. Lauderdale. 954-584-0269
- Silent Native Nursery, Goulds. 305-975-9081 - WHOLESALE ONLY. For retails sales see ProNative Consulting
- Veber's Jungle Garden, Homestead. 305-242-9500
- Florida Association of Native Nurseries, 321-917-1960
- Retail and garden articles: See the Guide for Real Florida Gardeners
- Wholesale > Native Plant and Service Directory
Please ask your neighborhood garden center to carry natives! Numerous other wholesale nurseries carry some natives and are a source for retail nurseries or landscape professionals. Please call the Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association (FNGLA) for more information. Some nurseries with natives are members of the Florida Association of Native Nurseries (FANN).
Also look for native plant sales - or free plants - from organizations, parks, government agencies.
- Dade Chapter Florida Native Plant Society - Native Plant Day in March or attend DCFNPS meetings and win in the plant raffle -- the best way to get unusual plants!
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden - special events.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden - Join the Connect to Protect Network to help preserve biodiversity in pine rocklands by planting plants you can receive free from CTPN.
- Tropical Audubon Society - special events.
- Redland Fruit and Spice Park - special events.
- Miami-Dade County's Adopt-a-Tree program (if funded). A variety of free native trees, as well as fruit and flowering trees.
- Bales of pine needles for mulching pinelands and wildflower gardens, melaleuca mulch, etc.: Bushel Stop (Broward, 954-434-1729).