Join us at Our Monthly Meeting
Learn, share plants, meet other plant enthusiasts and enjoy refreshments.
Meetings are held at 7:30 on the 4th Tuesday of each month except July, August and December. Meetings are free and open to the public. Please come - we would like to meet you!
Refreshments begin at 7:15 p.m., merchandise sales before and after the program. The raffle follows the program. Contributions of raffle items (native plants, non-plant items such as books, etc.) and refreshments are greatly appreciated. Please label your raffle plant donations.
Pinecrest Gardens, 11000 S.W. 57 Ave. (Red Road)
Pinecrest, FL 33156
Quailberry, Christmasberry (Crossopetalum ilicifolium)
Small, spreading shrubby groundcover from pine rocklands and rockland hammock edges. Florida Keys, Miami-Dade Co., Collier Co. Holly-like leaves, bright-red fruits.
- Attractive woody groundcover for sunny locations in alkaline soils
- 6-12'' tall. Spreading broadly
- Moderate to slow growth rate
- Moist, well-drained limestone soils
- Grows in nutrient poor soils
- Full sun to light shade
- Small plants or seeds can be planted in holes on limestone rocks